Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Doins

Yesterday morning I received a phone call from a friend that I haven't seen for awhile. I went over to mostly visit but he was also residing his garage. When I arrived we started prepping the wall with a new door surround, starter strips and J channel. While standing there a gust of wind blew through the area and one side of the door surround not nailed up yet blew over a smacked me in the face. It hurt but I was able to laugh it off and then go on about my work. About 15 minutes later I was standing on the deck, minding my own business when a wasp landed on my left foot and stung me between my big toe and the second toe. Needless to say I hopped around for a bit and tried to walk it off as my foot first throbbed and then felt like it was on fire for about half an hour. The sensation finally left but for the rest of the evening when I sat still for several minutes and then got up to walk, I could tell my toes were stiff. When I returned home Needles had chili prepared so I had a late lunch. Later that evening we settled in for T.V. watching and interwebing. Today I got up a little before Needles so I folded a couple loads of clothes and then went to Rudys house. When I arrived King of Halloween was there so we discussed the upcoming Cache Slash Fest Event. After that we went inside to watch a little T.V. and visit. Around 2:30 pm I returned home and Needles and I grilled out hot dogs. This evening I hauled off a load of limbs that we pruned out of the tree and put up a piece of siding that blew down last week. I also plugged up a couple of areas in the garage that birds have been trying to nest and get into my garage. Now we have settled in for the rest of the night. We received Vantage Point form Netflicks so we might watch it after our showers. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

No comments: