Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Five Days

The last five days has flown by. After work Thursday we headed down to Needles Mom's house for the spring turkey season. 5:00am came awful early every morning but I would walk the 1/2 mile or more to the blind or to where I heard the turkeys and settle in to try and call the birds in. The first morning I heard 1 gobble and didn't see a bird. Little did I know this was pretty much going to be par for the season. After the hunts were over, I only saw 1 bird and it was about 150 yards away heading away from me in a hurried manner. I heard a lot of birds but just never seem to be in the direction they wanted to go. Over the hunting season I think I put around 10 to 12 miles on my feet walking through the woods. I think this is maybe my last spring turkey season. When we got home there was a lot to get caught up on. The lawn needed desperately to be mowed, tomato plants that "L" gave us needed to get into some fresh earth and the laundry needed to be done. Today found us also doing some long needed grocery shopping and then a stop by our local Chinese place for lunch. This evening we did a bit of weeding and patio setting. I noticed a pair of house finches hanging around so I thought I would knock the dust off the camera and snap a few shots. Tomorrow it is back to work and it sounds like rain is going to be moving into the area for the next few days.



No comments: