Sunday, November 28, 2010

Post Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving went as usual. We went down to Needles Mom's the night before. We sat around the kitchen table and sipped coffee and I did my stomach exercises to prepare for the fest to come the next day. That night the ladies got the fixings for the dressing ready and prepped the bird. Only a 20 pound bird this year as last years was 22 pounds. The next morning after Needles and her Mom put the bird on for its heat treatment, Needles came back to bed and we slept in until 10am. When we opened the door to the bedroom to come out of our hibernation the smell of turkey and dressing permeated my senses and instantly I was hungry. We wandered into the kitchen and had a light breakfast. Before long the Uncles were filing in and we were within an hour of the bird coming out of the oven. The golden bird finally made its long awaited appearance and my belly started to grumble. The table was set and the side items were ready to go. Turkey and dressing sided with green beans, mashed potatoes, home-made rolls and a new item this year sweet potatoes. Our beverage was Needles cranberry slush drink and it was very good. For dessert squash pie with cool whip topping. After I had eaten the equivalent of my weight in turkey I fought to keep my eyes open and keep a coherent thought in my head. We returned home and became couch potatoes for the rest of the evening. Friday I went to work and it as a slow day indeed. We had a friend coming for a visit but a sudden head cold kept her from making the journey. Saturday was a day to sleep late, relax and not leave the house. This morning we had breakfast and after that I went to my parents house to finish mowing up the rest of the leaves for the season. When I got home I did a little straightening up in the garage and put things away in preparation for the winter months. Not much going on in this neck of the woods. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and the upcoming Holidays brings you and your family joy and a Happy Holidays.

No comments: