Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend in Kentucky.

Last weekend Needles and I made the trip to Kentucky. We both got out from work Friday a little early so we got an early jump in heading to the promise land. We arrived just before 6pm and my Mother had a small feast ready for us. We got to sit, visit and catch up on things. Before long it was time to go to bed. The next morning after breakfast Dad and I went to check out his rabbit traps and then around 10am we went into town to see my cousin at his shop. After a brief visit we headed on into town and stopped off a Uncle Lee's, where I hoped they would have the pair of boots I have been wanting but no luck. Needles scored a pair of thermals and then we were off to the local Rural King. I still didn't find my boots but instead scored some mesquite smoking chips, some Jack Daniels smoking chips and a bag of charcoal. I guess I am still a little shocked when I see people in a store smoking a cigarette but we were 2 for 2 in this category of walking through second hand smoke while inside a store trying to shop. To cleans the palate on our way back to my parents we made a pit stop to Sonic for cherry lime aids. Mmmmmmm. When we got back to my parents my Aunt and Grandma came to visit and we had lunch. All too soon it was time to go to bed. Sunday morning Mom and Dad got ready for church and Needles and I packed up to head back North. On our way home we stopped off at a scenic area just North of Henderson and walked the trails at Eagles Slough. The bird watching deck wasn't done yet so we will have to stop back by later. On our way through Mt. Carmel we made stop at Subway and then finally home. It was a nice weekend but it went too quickly.

No comments: