Monday, October 31, 2011

All good things.



After 15 years of decorating for Halloween, adding new things to our display every year to get the kids to venture down to our end of the block passing all the darkened porch lights and handing out handfuls of candy to make the trip worth it. We have had steadily declining numbers of trick or treaters so I think Needles and I have come to a decision. This will be the last year we decorate and hand out candy. I think the best year we ended up with around 70+ T or T'ers. Last year we had 52 and this year 37. I think we can decorate our yard all we want but I can't make my stingy ass neighbors turn on their porch lights and hand out candy. Oh well it was a good run. They win, our light will be off next year.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Don't give up the goat yet. Maybe the economy will really tank and people will be looking for free candy and you'll be back in business.