Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas eve

Today we had a lot to accomplish. We awoke earlier than usual and set out for a quick grocery stop before heading home to start up the smoker in preparation of the turkey for tomorrows Christmas meal. The cool windy day made it for a difficult smoke. I finally called it quits after about 4 hours and finished of the turkey in the oven. I only smoked the turkey for about an hour and then placed it in a pan to catch the drippings to make dressing. So far the plans has worked well. I called my Dad to wish him Happy Birthday and we are also in the path of a winter storm coming down the pipe for tomorrow night. I don't mind the snow but usually when it happens my line of work gets a little busy. People, especially elderly people don't have the sense to stay home and out of the snow. In preparation of the snow I placed a couple of extra supports under the awning of our patio. The last time we got several inches of the white stuff, it buckled the frame in a couple of places. I also found out why my rain gauge hasn't been working for about a month. A spider made a home in the gauge and his web kept the gauge from working. Overall the day has been a productive one.

No comments: