Monday, January 21, 2013

New Years so far....

So far the New years has had a few ups and downs. A blizzard just after Christmas dumped just over a foot of snow on us. We still have a few patches of the white stuff where they piled it up in the parking lots. A few days ago we had some freezing rain that made things a little slick for a couple of days. The ice froze the garage door and entry door shut one morning so I had to take the truck to work after the neighbor and I manage to get the door open and a glass of warm water to get the windshield cleared. While trying to open the garage door it popped a fuse in the opener. After waiting on new fuses to be shipped to the house and after replacing them the door works as good as new. I would much rather spend $20 on fuses than $300+ for a new opener. The late doe season brought me plenty of deer but mostly bucks. I ended up letting them walk on by. Needles bought a bird feeder the other day and after about a week the birds have been flocking to it in groves. We have had to refill the feeder almost every day. I think everyone around here is tired of the cold weather and ready for spring and summer. Keep warm.

No comments: