Saturday, December 31, 2016

Merry Christmas!


I had a nice Christmas and got way more than I deserve and ate way too much, as usual. On Dec. 17th we had X-mas with my family at my Brothers house. Mom and Dad made the 3 hour drive up and after we ate and open gifts they turned around and drove back home due to a chance of freezing rain later that evening. It did get rather nasty here for part of the next day. Christmas day we headed down to the farm with cooked turkey packed up. After all the uncles arrived and we exchanged gifts  and conversed as some of the food was still cooking. We usually exchange scratch off lottery tickets every year as something fun to do. The most any of us has ever won was $100 by Needles Mom several years ago, that is until this X-mas. I got a ticket from Needles Uncle K and after scratching the ticket I could not believe my eyes. I won $1000 dollars. I told the family and we all were amazed that finally after many years of exchanging tickets and winning a dollar or two here and there that one of us finally won a nice chunk of change. Probably the most unbelievable thing was that it was me. I am the most unlucky person alive. If there was a room of 10 people and they were handing out 9 prizes, I would be the one walking out with nothing. Anyway I was extremely surprised at my luck and Needles and I had to send the ticket off to be processed. I hope that this might be a sign of what the new year has in store for me as other things seem to be swirling the shitter. Above is a picture of the bridge at the south end of the farm built for the logging that will be happening this year.

No comments: