Sunday, November 19, 2006

Successful weekend.

It was a very productive weekend for me and the deer season. I harvested a 2-3 year old doe yesterday and today I was lucky to get a 2-3 year old buck. The deer have been taken to the processor and we should have a full freezer in about 7 to 10 days. My legs are sore from walking back a forth to and from the woods in mud. Also my arms are sore form lifting and field dressing deer. One of Needles uncles got a small button buck and the deer died while crossing a large ditch full of water. The deer passed while in the water and just floated there making for a rather difficult retrieval. We were able to throw a rope over the animal and pull him to the edge where we roped him to pull over the bank. All in all it was a nice first season hunt and it was a lot of fun to see the uncles and enjoy the stories, the food, the outdoors and the hunt. Here is a few pictures from the hunt.
For those of you that don't like the thought of deer being slaughtered during the deer season just think of them a taking a nap with their eyes open. The doe decided to crawl in the back of Needles truck for a snooze. Oh and the blood on the bucks neck is from shaving.....He must have nicked himself. Hee hee.

2 comments:

Rudy said...

Glad you had a successful hunt and got home safe.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

I for one am jealous! Here in Washington it is rare to get a tag from the lottery (doe or buck)...How I wish my hubby could get even one this season. We miss the sausage and steaks! Congrats!