Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bringing Nuthin Back.

Saturday we arose from bed with vigor and anxiousness to arrive in the big city and enjoy our day of food, coffee, conversation and shopping. We first met up with Cynical and Ragged at Border's book store and sat and visited for about 30 to 45 minutes. We then perused the store to see if there was anything we needed. I then noticed my stomach growling and Cynical and I decided it was time to dine. After driving around and considering our many options I recommended the Texas Road House. I had the 1/2 rack ribs with a side of sweet potato and baked beans. Washed down with and tall beer and sweet tea chaser. The food was very good, the service was great and the conversation was of course the best. The fact that Cynical paid for the meal, in my opinion, made the food taste even better. Thanks Cynical. After I got my drink on we then rolled out and went to several stores all with the same outcome. We purchased nothing from them. I went to 2 pet stores looking for an item for my brother and was very disappointed in the selection available. Needles did purchase some shrimp treats for our fuzzy housemates and bought my upcoming B-day gift. We finished of our visit with a stop by Backyard Burger and before we knew it, it was time to head home. Needless to say that I stayed up until 3:30 am last night watching both of my B-day movies . They, Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima, were very good although Letters is sub-titled. I wish in the options of these movies there could be an audio language that would allow you to select the audio in English. I don't mind reading but sometimes looking down at the bottom of the screen makes you miss the details of the shot. It seems you are rushed to watch the movie and soak in the images on a time limit.

Needles and I enjoyed our outing very much yesterday and can't wait to see our friends again next weekend when they venture to our neck of the woods for an early July 4th celebration. I just gotta get though this week of work. Thanks again Cynical and Ragged for meeting up with us.

No comments: