Monday, December 03, 2007

Pictures from the weekend hunt ( Not for the sqeamish )

A Four Deer Season
This is Needles Uncle "B's" deer he got Saturday 12-1-07. A nice 2 1/2 year old 9 point, it is the biggest deer he has ever harvested and he was very happy to get it. This fellow made a trip to the taxidermist and will be gracing his wall in several months as well as he should. I hope I get a chance at a nice one next year. I had my chance last year and wasn't able to get a good shot.


This is my doe from Friday evening. I was just about to think that my season would end with just one deer and then in a matter of seconds that all changed. This 1 1/2 year old doe and 2 others ran straight in on me. When I first saw them from about 300 yards away I didn't know what they were in the fading light but once I realized what they were and they were heading my way I stood up and my seat cushion fell out of the tree stand. I was afraid they might have seen it and would run another direction but I lucked out and was able to fill my tags.




This doe was harvested by Needles Uncle "K". She had been shot by hunters in the field next to us and "K" made the right decision to put her down.


All of these deer went to Needle's Mom "L's" freezer and will help out greatly on the grocery bills.

Here is the 6pt buck I got first season.

No comments: