Saturday, December 01, 2007

Deer Season Part 2

Overall the season was very successful. Needles Uncle K killed a young doe Friday morning and will be good for the table. Apparently she had be shot just before running by his stand but wasn't hit good enough for a quick kill and he thought he would go ahead and put her down as she wasn't going to survive anyway. Last night I was in my stand when 3 does got jumped up and ran straight for me. I was able to get one and that was the end to my deer hunting. After Needles and I had taken the deer to the meat processors we wondered about going on home or staying the night and going home this morning. I am glad we decided to go home today as Needles Uncle B killed and nice 9 point buck this morning and had to pull it out of a dry ditch about 5 foot deep. We got all sorts of pictures and I was very happy for him as this was the biggest deer he had ever killed and was going to get it mounted for the wall. This was the first year that all of us had killed a deer. Unfortunately Needles Uncle C didn't get to hunt. That is it for now. I need to get cleaned up and shave my 10 day old deer season beard off my scruffy face and maybe get a nap. I didn't sleep well last night.

No comments: