Sunday, August 09, 2009

Weekend goings on.

Friday after work I visited my friend "D's" house. He had a movie that I wanted to watch. We started the movie and attentively watched as the movie started and in short order we found out that the audio was about a second or two fast. It was disorienting to try to watch a movie like that but we persisted. We watched about 3/4 of the movie when I got a phone call from another friend "G" that was broke down in his truck. The issue was that he had people there with a flatbed trailer but when driving the truck upon the trailer he ran a front wheel off the side and was stuck half on half off the trailer. He needed a floor jack to get the truck back on the trailer. By the time I drove home and drove back to where they were they had pretty much got it back on. We secured the truck and headed to his home. I got home around 7:30pm and Needles wanted to watch a movie we got from Netflixs. A Haunting in Connecticut is arguably based on a true event. We had watched a show about this haunting a few years back on TV. We remembered some details about the episode but more came to mind as the movie unfolded. The movie at first was very creepy and entertaining but toward the middle it got cheesy and toward the end the train came off the tracks. I would prefer a movie to keep scary things hidden and let the audiences mind do the work but when they openly show what supposed to be creepy and scary the effect quickly looses its effectiveness. I would give the movie a 3 out of 5 stars. I wouldn't watch it again or if I did maybe just the first 45 minutes to an hour. Saturday I awoke and headed out to the neighborhood yard sales while Needles had the fun task of grocery shopping. When she got home I returned home to help her put things away. We had a late breakfast and then went to the local produce stand for corn, tomatoes, zucchini and a watermelon. After we got home and settled in I suggested a run to the Dairy Dee. Needles got a Oreo tundra and I a brownie Dee-lite. Yummmmmm. Last night we went to Rudy and Brando's to catch up on the last 3 True Blood that we had missed. We arrived home after 11:30pm and Needles and I went outside to look at the moon and mars, hence the pictures on my previous post. Today we got up late since we went to bed late. We had breakfast and now I stripped down the bedding to be put in the wash and put the pillows out to bake in the 90 degree heat outside. I has been a somewhat productive weekend even with the dreadful heat outside. I would have liked to mow the yards but I think that will have to wait until more subtle temps. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: