Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Visitors


This weekend Cynical and Ragged traveled North to visit with us for the weekend. They rolled in around 7:30pm on Friday and since Needles was beat from work and I was just plain lazy, We drove to the Trace Inn for supper. Needles, Cynical and Ragged had the sirloin and I had the catfish. When we were leaving and driving through town the car made a sudden swerve into Dairy Dee and we enjoyed dessert. When we got home Rudy, Brando and the Funky Bunch rolled in for a quick visit before the kids had to go to bed. Before long it was time to hit the sack ourselves. The next morning we had a light breakfast of bagels and cream cheese. We had plans to meet up with Rudy and Brando at Ophelia's Cup for lunch. It was very good and after visiting and relaxing for a bit, it was time to head home. That evening we were graced with a visit from Jenny from the Blog and I whipped up some strawberry margaritas while we waited for supper that Needles was crafting. Supper was turkey beacon, tomato and spinach sandwiches with garden fresh green beans Ala Needles. For dessert seedless watermelon on the back patio. We sat and talked until we had trouble seeing each other as night had closed in around us without us noticing. We went to the living room to enjoy a late night movie. We stayed up late and hated for Jenny to leave as it meant it was getting close to bedtime. Sunday morning came all too soon even after sleeping in an hour more than the morning before. We had scrambled eggs and toast with mini iced cinnamon rolls for breakfast and before we knew it Cynical and Ragged was packing up for their return trip home. I think they had things needing to get done waiting for them at home and unfortunately I had things I had put off and needed to do myself. The rest of my Sunday consisted of mowing at Mom and Dad's place. Mowing my lawn and spraying the drive way. Later that night Needles and I watched our Netflixs movie Push. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give it a 3. Don't know that I can recommend it and don't think I wouldn't want to watch it again. After the movie I had my usual weekend ritual of Sunday night laundry of work clothes. We had a great weekend with great company. We just wish it could have lasted a couple of more days. We will have to do it again very soon.


PS. The rainbow above showed up just before our guest arrived. Also the grean beans were really good Saturday, better Sunday and magnificent Monday. The flavors really opened up.

No comments: