Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hello Stranger...


Today "D" and I got a late start on the day and with the crappy lighting due to the second weekend in a row with overcast clouds, we stayed local. We started driving around the back roads in an area he has chanced upon eagles before. We were able to see a few hawks and other wildlife. We drove up to a road that runs parallel with the Wabash river and with all the ditches and creeks running full, we were wondering if the road might be washed out due to the recent rain and snow melt. Before long the car came to a sudden stop and I heard "D" say "There he is!" I think we were both amazed and excited that we just happened upon an adult bald eagle that we really wasn't expecting to see. I jumped out and snapped a few pics but with the crappy lighting, I didn't have my 2X on the camera. After snapping a few shots with the 300mm, I decide to try to get the 2X attached when the stranger hopped off the branch and flew away into the distance. I am just glad we got to see another bald eagle even though the encounter was brief.

No comments: