Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weekend Pictures

Last week I was looking over ebay and since I had some Xmas money that was burning a hole in my pocket I decided to get a new lens for my Canon SLR. The lens I got was a Canon EF 70-300mm 4/5.7 IS usm. I researched this lens and it seems to be highly praised in the non professional photography world. It is just a step down from an L lens and since I dont have 1200 to 10000 dollars to pay for those kinds of lenses this will have to do. My friend "D" and I has been going out looking for eagles the last few weekends and we thought we would make a trip to Mt. Carmel to see if we might chance upon the eagles which has made the area their home for the last several years. Upon arriving to the area we meet a elderly couple watching with binoculars from their truck and another gentleman that was watching from a car. We moved upto the area as to not crowd the people already there and started to set up. We noticed the gentleman from the car started to get his photography equipment out and I think you could have knocked "D" and I over with an eagle feather. I thought I would never see one in real life but what he had was a Canon 800mm L lens. We are talking a 11-$12,000 lens. Of course we gathered around the young man and drooled over the images on his lcd screen. Wow! Blad eagles have feathers....AMAZING! I thought they were just covered in blurr. Hmmmm. Anyway we enjoyed talking with a fellow wildlife photographer and had a rather productive day with 3 mature eagles sightings and photos on the board. Here are a few of the picks.








Video from Samsung SC-MX20 w 36X optical zoom.

No comments: