Sunday, October 10, 2010

Later

This morning Needles and I made our way to "L's" and I took my old deer stand down and replaced it with my new deer stand. After rolling around in knee high poison ivy we finally got the stand together and put up in the tree. After eating lunch and visiting with Needles family we came home to get showers to hopefully keep from getting poison ivy. Not long after that we got a phone call from my Mom saying they were 30 minutes out from getting here. We gathered the food and ll the things to take out to them and went out there for a visit. After eating way too much we went with them out to Rudy's for my parent to see the finished up stairs. While there we also looked over the Halloween decorations. On our way back we stopped out at the Dairy Dee and got some of the good stuff. We stayed out at Mom and Dads until just after 8pm and decided to come home and get ready for the work week. If you want to see a couple pictures from the trail cam check out my hunting blog. After I got home I received a phone call from a co worker. She told me that a part time EMT that works for the place I work was killed last night while responding to a car accident. Apparently when the Ambulance pulled out from the scene a truck crashed into the ambulance and the EMT which was in the back of the unit was ejected from the vehicle. He was transferred to a local hospital where he coded and didn't make it. My heart goes out to his family and If nothing else, please whenever you see emergency vehicles, slow down and pay attention and don't drink and drive. Something as easy as this could have saved three lives last night. There has been 66 EMS deaths so far this year. 93 last year. If you want to know more about the accident click here.

No comments: