Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween and I am beat down dog tired. After the Cache Slash Fest then there was our Trick or Treat night last night and this tonight. I took several of my more benign props to the Hospital for their Trick or Treat night. After my 8 hour day I went home drove out to Gary's took down some of my props drove down to Rudy's house to borrow the truck then loaded it up with the props drove to my house loaded up a few more and then off to the hospital. Started set up at around 4:30 and was ready for the first of the ghosts and goblins for the night. The official start was 6 pm so we slipped off to the local Chinese place for supper. We got back to the hospital at 6 and the ghouls was out in force. It was pretty much non stop kids for most of the 2 hours we handed out candy. The staff had to make 2 runs to Wal-Mart for more candy. They said that they usually have about 80 or so kids.....Tonight we had at least 250 kids. At 8pm we started tearing down and loading up. We got about of there and 8:35 and got home to unload and take the truck back to Rudy. Thanks Rudy for letting me borrow the truck. Have a Happy Halloween Everyone! I need a nap.

This is the pumpkin I submitted and won 25$ for first place. I didn't have much competion with only 4 submissions.

This is some of the props in the yard for Trick or Treat night.

Electric chair with new costume this year.

New bloody stump surrounded by severed heads.

New Count Dracula.

Front enterance of the Hospital.

This is the information desk.

This is the main hallway of the Hospital.

Some more Trick or Treaters.


More ghouls and goblins in the night.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I can't decide which is scarier: the props or the thought of 250 kids needing candy!

PS: Congrats on the win. . . awesome pumpkin.

K_Dense73 said...

Eee!