Monday, October 27, 2008

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Yesterday I did some scouting in preparation for deer hunting. I walked down into the small woods and visited my 2 deer stands to see if they were in good shape and that the tree limbs surrounding them would be out of the way for good visibility. I did see some deer tracks but no rubs or scrapes that would suggest a nice buck working the area. While walking through the woods I noticed large areas of poison ivy that I had to wade through in my search. When I got home yesterday I quickly walked back to the laundry and removed my poison ivy clothing and started to load the washer. After I got it all loaded up I thought I would go into the bathroom and do a wash down just to make sure. It was then that it hit me. My new phone of only a couple of months was in my front pocket. I quickly went into the laundry and opened the lid to find the washer swishing away. The first pair of pants I found nothing but the second. There it was all soaked and water logged. Great..... I removed the back cover, battery and sim card and shook most of the water out of it. I thought once it dried out it might work. For the rest of the evening I layed it on the dryer thinking the warmth would help draw the residual water out of it. After several hours I thought I might try it and no dice. I went to work this morning thinking I would have to get another phone. I thought I would try once again as I had nothing to loose. I placed the battery back into the phone replaced the back cover and pressed the on button. I a few seconds the phone came to life and was ready to go. My eyes lit up and the first thing I did was scramble to text Needles about my friend that was back from the dead. It is my Zombie phone. The screen still has a bit of moisture which distorts it but I am glad it still works and I am sure that the screen will clear up eventually.

4 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Lazarus!

Terri said...

my son jumped into the pool this summer with his razr. It fritzed but we opened it up, set it out in the sun all day on the w/e it happened and miraculously it worked the next day. Thank goodness you didn't have to buy a new one.

Brando said...

I did this with Rudy's Razr but a full wash and dry cycle. It worked for a bit, but was never the same again.

I sure hope that it keeps working for you!!

Rudy said...

It worked about a month or two then shot craps. Finally started rebooting due to excessive battery load. Something inside probably started to corrode for the detergent and pulled too many milliamps from the battery. They have a safety in the circuitry to keep them from bursting into flames when this happens and makes the phone reboot. Hope you have better luck.