Saturday, March 14, 2009

Enjoying the outdoors.

This weekend even though it was a little on the brisk side has been nice for some bird watching. Around noon I received a call from my friend wanting to know if I wanted to go to Mt. C to look for the eagles. I haven't been down there for awhile so I thought I would tag along. We arrived around 2 o'clock and the initial drive though seemed fruitless until we spotted a rather large bird just over the ridge. It was a large golden eagle soaring into the area I started snapping picture before he even got close enough to see him on the screen of the camera. I would have to say that my camera doesn't have much of a zoom but for what it is I got some decent pics.
This is a golden eagle in flight.

This is a bald eagle soaring on a windy day.

The bald eagles nest. The female is on but is down in the nest. This image was taken through a binocular.
This is what the nest looks like from the road. The nest is about the size of a mid size car.

This is the golden eagle at one of his favorite perch.

A few deer grazing off almost to the tree line.

One of the nice things that is new to the area is a viewing platform that was built for bird watching.

The view.

Neat looking tree.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Seems like a gorgeous place to spend a Saturday.