Monday, March 02, 2009

Were Back.

After an all too short 3 day weekend, we are back from the promise land. After we arrived Friday we had a late supper and settled in and visited with my Mom and Dad until late in the evening. The next day my Aunt "R" came over a prepared homemade pizzas. She made 1 sausage, and 2 supreme and they were all very good. Sunday was the day of my cousins baby shower but since my Mom was down with a upper respiratory infection She thought we should stay home. My Dad and I ran the gifts over and dropped them off since I also have been suffering from a head cold. Sunday evening my Father started to get a sore throat so I think he is coming down with the crud going around. Today after we had breakfast my Mom and Dad made appointments with the doctor. After they left for their Dr. visit we decided to head back North. We arrived home shortly after 12:30pm and unloaded all of our stuff. I called my parents a short time later to see how the Dr.'s visit went. They were given meds and I hope that knocks it quick. Since then I have settled on the couch procrastinating the laundry that needs to be done so I will have something to wear for work tomorrow.
Here is a few pics from the ice storm in Kentucky that I got from my Aunts camera.
A bush in my Grandmas front yard.
The power lines that run several feet over the carport is almost touching it.
My Uncle and Aunts pop up camper has seen better days. The ice covered branches snapped off and fell into the roof punching more than a dozen holes in the top. Some were 2 inches in diameter.

A very large tree fell across the road in front of my Grandmas house. The lines you see going diagonal across the image are still down across the driveway almost a month later.


1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Hope everyone is on the mend.