Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Shot of a life time...

Here is a few picture from today. My friend "D" and I went to see the eagles and the day was progressing without much excitement until we stopped by one of the watering holes and took a few uneventful shots and was walking back to the truck when "D" stopped me to have me take a look at some of his pics. As I watched him flip through his shots we heard a commotion coming through the woods. Sounded like a herd of deer. As we wheeled around to look it was a baby deer crashing through the woods only to run up to the pond for a drink. We slowly tried to slip around for a nice picture and then SPLASH! The young fawn jumped into the water and started to swim. We instantly started taking pics. This is the best one I got with not so great focus.
Bambi taking a swim.

We stopped by the road and "D" let me chase some butterflies.

We also caught another Blue Heron when he had his guard down.

Ma & Pa was snuggled up together until...

This guys showed up. We watched this feller walk across the field for awhile and then decided to drive down the road. When we came back the skunk had moved down into the field. About this time "D" said wouldn't it be neat of one of the eagles swooped in and nailed the skunk. No sooner did he get these words out of his mouth when this happened....To my amazement I got the shot although I didn't have time to Zoom in. This shot was at 75mm not the 300mm I had at my disposal but my excuse was....I was in shock. This is truly a shot of a lifetime and I am glad "D" and I was there to experience it. Thanks "D" I will remember this for a long long time.

It was like they were serving free food or something.

PS. The skunk limped way for this encounter with the eagle. Momma set in the tree smelling of Eau de skunk.

No comments: