Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

The view from the back 40.
Some of Mom's flowers
More flowers.
The bees were all over the Rose of Sharon.

This weekend we ventured down to the promise land to visit with my family. It had been about 3 months since we had been down there so it was a little longer than I like. We arrived around 6pm Friday evening and was greeted with my Mom's home cooking. After we had our bellies full we sat in the living room and caught up on things. Before long it was time to go to bed. The next morning I awoke to the smell of breakfast and wandered sleepy eyed into the kitchen. I think I woke up about half way through the sausage and eggs with home made gravy and biscuit. Around 10 o'clock Needles and I went into town to my cousin "C's" shop and visited for a bit. Of course I had to purchase a few items that caught my eye. We went down to Uncle Lee's and picked up some ammo that a co worker was looking for and is in short supply. After that we stopped my Sonic of a beverage on our way back to my parent's home. Before long it was 1:30pm and time to go to Grandmas for dinner and we watched the sideshow of Needles and I recent trip to North Carolina and D.C. let me just say that we had them setting on the edge of their seat. I think I heard Dad snore twice through the showing. After that it was time for homemade ice cream in which I captured a photo on my previous post. It took right at an hour to get the concoction to finish and soon after we were all suffering from ice cream overload and brain freeze. Not a bad way to go if you as me. The sun was going down and it was time to go back. After we got home Needles and I took a trip trough the Jungle Trail on the golf cart. We drove back into the woods and was amazed at the trees damaged in the winter ice storm that was broken down. Several did bend over and lay across the cart path but have since been cut back to allow for passage. We drove up to several blackberry patches and Needles plucked some of the berries for immediate consumption. We did not dare venture off of the cart for fear of the horrible deer and dog tick infestation that has happened this year. Needles found one crawling on her neck and we didn't even get off the cart. We drove around and got close to several small bunnies and got a few pictures. Went I got back I started looking at the photos and zoomed into see that one rabbit looked funny. I looked closer only to see that he had 2 large dog ticks on his face. They were very swollen with their vampirish meal and were stuck through his fur. I felt sorry for the guy but of course he wasn't gonna let me remove them. We went back to the house and talked until time for bed. This morning I awoke early and we visited with my folks until time for them to go to church. We stayed at the house until they returned with my Grandma and in the blink of an eye it was time to go back North. We had a good time but it seems like when we go down there the weekend flys by. I hope everyone had a good weekend. It back to the work week tomorrow.

No comments: