Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend so far.

Friday night was uneventful. We ended the night with prepping 2 chickens and 2 lbs of Salmon for the Saturday smoke. Saturday morning I got up around 7:30am and started in on getting the smoker ready. Around 2pm I pulled the Salmon and the chickens off the smokers. The Salmon was for a late lunch and the chicken was later pulled off the bone to eat Sunday and early next week. This was the first time I had done a brine for the Salmon so I wasn't surprised that the fish was a little salty. I think I should have rinsed them before putting them on the smoker. The chickens were brined overnight and also dry rubbed before going in the smoker. They turned out pretty good. Unfortunately I was hit with a migraine about the time we started to eat. From 2pm to 6pm I suffered on the couch and finally gave up and went to bed. After about a 4 and a half hour nap it was 10:30pm and I noticed the TV was still on. I got up and felt a lot better. Needles and I ended up staying up pretty late. This morning we woke up and had plans to do a little shopping in V'cennes. Before we left I checked my email and noticed I had some email failure to send notifications. I thought this was strange since I hadn't sent an email to the people on the list. On our way to V'cennes I got a call from a co worker that say she had received an email from me last night. I told her to delete it, that it was a Virus or my email had been hacked. Not long after that I got a call from another co worker that received the same email. After we got home I changed my email password and did and full systems scan which showed no infection. Hopefully that is over with. Shopping in V'cennes yielded a pair of pants for me and several tops for Needles. Now we are home and enjoying what is left of our weekend.

No comments: