Sunday, September 26, 2010

What Weekend?

Friday after working a little late, I got home to find the replacement lid for my new smoker on the front porch. After Needles and I had supper we both went out to the garage to work on our projects. She had her fiber that she had dyed a couple of days before to braid and get ready to sell on her Saturday trek to a yarn and fiber get together. I had several smoker modifications to implement. I first mounted the 2 new temperature gauges and started on the baffles. The baffles make the heat from the charcoal box move across the bottom of the smoker instead of going straight up. It makes for even heat in the cooking chamber. Needles and I finally called it quits around 10pm. The next day Needles as off to her get together while I worked on seasoning the smoker. Like a cast iron skillet the smoker needed to be put through a heat cycle and be wiped down with vegetable oil. The seasoning takes about 4 hours but since my new baffle was a little more restrictive than I liked the heating took longer than I expected. It ended up taking over an hour to get the temps into the needed range. After I got finished with that it was close to 2pm and Needles was on her way home. That afternoon I was just simply wiped out. Every time I sat down I was fighting to keep my eyes open. I felt very tired and had a headache. The rest of the afternoon I spent on the couch. We went to bed somewhat early for a Sat. night calling it at 11pm. The next day we had plans to visit with Needles Mom and I need to to check my rail camera since I hadn't checked it for 3 weeks. If you want to see the results click here. This evening we both have just taken it easy in preparation for tomorrow and the start of new week. Hope you had a good weekend.

No comments: