Sunday, January 23, 2011

White Weekend.

We got about 6 to 7 inches of the white stuff last week and it is safe to say I am sick and tired of the snow. Even as I type this post there is even more of the stuff falling from the sky. By one websites account we have gotten about 17 inches of snow this year so far. This weekend has been somewhat uneventful. I did pick up a couple of 5 pound pork butts and smoked them Saturday. I started them around 8:15am and they finished up about 5:45pm. They turned out pretty good but I bet if I let them go for about 30 more minutes they would have been a little more tender. We pulled the pork off the bone and now have plenty of fixins for pork sandwiches and the like. Today Needles and I needed to get out of the house so we made a run to the big city and stopped off at Rural King and Lowe's. While at Lowe's I ran into my boss and talked a bit. After we left there we returned back across the river and stopped at one of our favorite Chinese places to celebrate our 14th year together which will be on Tuesday the 25th. Needles picked up a couple of items she was wanting but I returned home empty handed. I did however order a mini dehumidifier to help with the humidity in our bedroom. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

No comments: