Friday, June 22, 2012

Bachelor Weekend.

Needles is off to a knitting/ girls weekend in Asheville, N.C. so for the last couple of days I have been having to fend for myself. Since Needles doesn't like seafood very much, I thought it would be a prefect time to do a couple of things that I have been wanting to do for awhile. Number one, cook seafood and number two, eat seafood. It's kind of a nice and works out well that number one leads right into number two as it would be hard to do them in reverse. Thursday was my first night and on the menu was crab cakes. A quick fry in a skillet. I had buttered garlic toast, sweet peppers as sides with a cold glass of tea and home made cocktail sauce.


For Friday night I had something special. Lobster tails! I have never cooked lobster so for a first time I think they turned out pretty good. I just wish we had fresh lobster and not the frozen stuff. For sides I had asparagus, golden hominy and lemon butter.

I still have some shrimp and some crab legs in the on deck circle so we will see over the next couple of days which is next. 

No comments: