Sunday, November 18, 2007


I am back from my hunting trip and I would have to say that it was a successful one but frustrating. We arrived at Needles Mom's house Thursday and stayed the night and I headed out to the tree stand Friday morning. I sat it the stand for 3 hours that morning and saw nothing. Not even a deer far off in the distance. Frustrated yet anxious to get back in the stand for the evening hunt I left for the stand early and sat another 5 hours and again saw nothing. Very frustrated and perturbed that the recent irrigation work around my hunting area the week before by the farmer that leases the land may have just screwed my whole hunting season I returned to the house to warm food and a nap. Saturday morning started the day anew. I was in my stand for almost 2 hours when the first deer of the season walked within range. It was a young doe and I heard something coming up behind her. I let her walk and waited on what else was coming into range. I could see it was a small buck but not sure since he was behind some brush. I shot and upon investigating my harvest it was a nice young 6 point buck. He will be good for the table. I commenced with what needed to be done and returned to the house excited at my success. Needles and I took the deer to the processing place, made decisions on how we wanted the meat prepared and returned home. I took several pictures of me and my kill and I even did a short video of me standing over my deer in the field and told how the hunt went down like on those big time hunting shows. I looked at the pictures that were taken and enjoyed flipping through them until I accidentally hit the format button and erased them all. I have no pictures of my deer. The only saving grace might possibly be Needles uncle K which took a couple of pictures which I hope turn out. So you see it was a successful hunt but a frustrating one. We will see what 2ND season has in store for me.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Bye, bye Bambi.

Glad your plans were fruitful.

Brando said...

It is almost like poising for pics, and no film in the camera.

Glad you got a deer. Sorry about the pics. :(