Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blast from the past.




















This was a TV show that aired in 1978. I remembered some of the details but I was stumped when I look for it a few years ago. Apparently this show must have stuck in other peoples minds too. I found it on IMDB and some of the comments written about this show sounded like I had written them myself. I wish I could find this on DVD but an internet search came up zilch. Oh Well at least I know the name of the show I remember watching at the ripe old age of 5 and scared the crap out of me. One of the scenes that I remember was the creature chasing one of the main characters into a cabin in the woods the person gets into the door and turns to slam and lock the door. The creature (Mud Monster) sticks his hand into the shutting door and has his hand lopped off. The severed hand crawls across the floor. This is pretty scary for a 5 year old. I also remember the creature could be fought with salt.


Another scary moment in TV was on Kolchak the night stalker. I remember a zombie episode where Kolchak found a zombie in a junk yard. I remember that how he was to stop the zombie was to fill it's mouth with salt and sew it's lips shut. He climbed into the car and proceeded to fill the mouth he sewed one stitch and then the second stitch the zombie opens it's eyes and that was about the time I broke out of there. TOO SCARY.

1 comment:

K_Dense73 said...

I don't 'member this show.