Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Getaway.

This weekend we journeyed South to Cynical and Ragged's place. We rolled in Friday evening around 5:30ish and when we arrived homemade soup was on the menu and for that cold rainy drive, it was just the thing to hit the spot. We were also able to visit with Cynical's sis and niece. It was nice to visit and catch up on life. That evening we turned in rather early at about 11pm. The next day we awoke to coffee, juice, bagels and fresh fruit. After chatting and enjoying each others company it was time to hit a new place in O town for lunch. Cheddars was neat and the food was amazing. You get a lot of food for your money and of course I was up to the task. After the stomach dilation it was time to do a little walking around to ease up the belt line. We ventured to a couple of stores and I was looking for deer slugs for next weekends deer season. I haven't been able to find to ones I used last year and I have checked several places and no luck. We then decided to go home and relax and I found a little nap time. After the nap we got a craving for The Dipper ice cream and then Trivial Pursuit. While Needles and I were victorious Ragged and Cynical were nipping at our heels. I have to give to the win to Needles as my brain had gone on lock down after the ice cream brain freeze. We stayed up late into the night and then gave up for bed. This morning I woke up at my usual time while Needles stayed in bed. After everyone was up and about it was time for b'fast. Turkey beacon, scrambled eggs, juice, coffee, bagels and fresh fruit made for a breakfast that was fit for a king. Needles and I had fuzzy people to attended to so it was time to head home. We loved spending time with Cynical and Ragged but the weekend was all too quick. Thanks again for the coffee and the relaxing weekend.

PS. I did learn this weekend that Howdy Doody came from Doodieville. That's not right.

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Glad you made it home safe and had a good time. And about Howdy Doody....Thats Craptastic!