Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thanks Bart!


About a month ago a "so called friend" called and asked about digital cameras. I told him what I knew about them, which wasn't much, and told him that going from film to digital would be a dream. It really hammers on the immediate gratification thing that I love. Anyway he was trying to select a nice camera and so he started doing research. He ended up with this little beauty and already had the lenses so all he needed was the camera body. A few days later he had purchased his first digital SLR and a few days after that he was taking shots of critters (bald eagles) to his delight. Why within the first week of owning his camera one of his photos was published on a Southern Illinois Tourism website with credit to him. All in all I seemed unfazed by this whole ordeal and then one day out of the blue I found myself thinking about my friends camera. OK there is a little back story here so let me add. Just after he got his camera he wanted me to come over and show him how to use the new digital crack infested pry it out of my fingers because I wanted to take it home camera. After a few hundred shots that seemed to be a little off we traced the issue down to a faulty 2x telephoto lens. Anyway after we removed that we were snapping pictures left and right that made me think and like and crave....Maybe a little too much. Telling my friend about our upcoming vacation wasn't any help when he offered to let me take the camera with me...Did he not know that if I took this camera with me I would probably never return and he would never see his new camera ever again... Now back to the story and the reason for the title of my post. I have now begun stalking the same camera on eBay and have pretty much decided that I will be purchasing one shortly. The only problem now is that later next week I will be turkey hunting and if I order the cocaine camera now it will be most likely delivered when I am gone. No way am I letting this item set on the front porch for more than a few hours. Anyway my friend started looking for a new camera and now has flung me head first into camera lust. Hmmm this seems like a similar story that happened between Jenny from the Blog and Needlefingers. You should ask Needles about it. Have a great weekend everyone. Especially you Bart... Can I come over and visit the camera.....please?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the courts have set up visitation rights, you can have every other weekend. You can use this thing anytime you want!

Brando said...

Your brother is on vacation and if you knew the date it was coming you could ask the post office to hold your mail and he could pick it up for you.

I can assure you he will not open and use it cause he has .... Canon issues. LOL.

Terri said...

same lustful thoughts been going through my head for about six months now. Didn't get one for Christmas nor my birthday last week so I may have to take matters into my own hands...enjoy the new purchase when you get it.