Sunday, September 03, 2006

Didn't want to leave.

We are back from the promise land and visiting with my parents. I know I was down there just last weekend but it was hard to leave. I guess last weekend I knew we were goin to be back down this weekend but ths time was different. I don't know when we will be back. I have to admit I got a little teary when leaving my parents this time. It was different. I could feel it.

While visiting with my family my cousin came to the house with a rather interesting creature. I looked at the thing in amazement. I had never seen anything like it around here before. We placed it out on the patio to get some picture and to identify this alien.

Here is a picture of the unknown.

This not so little feller is a Hickory Horned Devil
Caterpillars grow to 6 inches and look alarming. It is a harmless caterpillar and the spines are not irritating. Pale green body with spines; segments behind the head have long, curved, black and orange horns with short hairs. They eat hickory, pecan, walnut, sweetgum, persimmon and sumac. Found in the eastern United States.


Here is a picture of my brother Rudy at my cousin's shop.


Doesn't he look cranky?

What can I say.....I should have been a model...Look at that mug. Outstanding!

We are back home to get caught up on laundry and to give our furry house mates some TLC. You would think they haven't been rubbed in a months. Have a great rest of your holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Glad we got to see you guys.