Tuesday, April 03, 2007

BIG Weekend.

Needles and Ragged have set out our weekend plans. I was excited to learn that we were going to visit Ragged and Cynical this weekend. It seemed that this was the only weekend we had available for some time. I think we are going to have a cooler weather weekend so a lot of coffee drinking and movie watching is on the agenda. Also I think a stop by the Shogun might have to be made. I can't wait. I am giddy like it's Christmas morning.

We have had nothing but rain and storms since about 2:30pm. I am not sure how much rain we got but it is a lot. The roads were flooded coming home from work at 3pm and it has rained non stop since. Several times we have had lightening strike very close. I am glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday.

Several posts ago I believe I told about a co workers brothers girlfriend that had a terrible accident. She pulled out in front of a truck and was critically injured. The words brain death , intercranial pressure and coma was repeated frequently early on in the diagnosis and things didn't seem to improve much over the last couple of weeks. Last week the family was faced with a decision on her future. The choices were to place their daughter on long term life support or not. Last Thursday the decision was made for them when she suffered a massive stroke and her suffering is now over. Unfortunately the suffering of those left behind is ongoing. When someone so young looses his or her life it is a terrible tragedy but it seems there has been a glimmer of good to come from it. Through her tragedy, others might find a new life. I was told that she was an organ donor and that several of her organs were able to be used for transplant. I have to say that this young lady's story was heart wrenching and heroic. Please keep her friends and family in your thoughts as they come to grips with life without this remarkable young lady in their lives. God Speed "M".

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. I will keep the family and friends in my prayers. I do have to say I'm glad she was an organ donor...it seems to me a way to draw hope from a horrible situation.