Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Supper brought to you by the Dairy Dee.

Today after work I stopped off at the Dairy Dee in L'ville to pick up a couple of pounds of smoked pulled pork for supper and what ever is left we can have for leftovers tomorrow. After waiting in line for almost 10 min. I finally got the food and was on my way home. When I pulled out of the parking lot an older driver pulled out in front of me and decided to drive as slow as physically possible up to the stop light. The light changed red just was he pulled out of the lane I was in. Just then a black truck with lights pulled into the intersection. I thought whats going on as I couldn't see the WIDE LOAD sign at the angle I was to the truck. As I looked to my distant right I see 2 halves of a house being trucked toward the intersection. I thought to myself crap if that old guy would have been just 5 mph faster I would have been ahead of all this. Of course the trucks go by at 5 miles an hour and me being in the left turn lane already, I was committed to pull out behind them. I had to follow them for 4 miles until they finally turned off making a turn at the intersection in B'port taking 5 minutes. So my usually 10 minute trip home today with my stop for supper and other delays ended up taking me 45 minutes. I wonder why they decided to move this thing in the middle of the day when a lot of people are getting off of work. I bet they had traffic backed up from B'port to L'ville.

This evening Needles and I made our first Dairy Dee dessert run for the year. I got a large hot fudge shake and she got a small oreo tundra. YUM!

Tomorrow my parents are coming up to make funeral arrangements for my great aunt. I was hoping for a Sat. burial but it looks like its going to be Fri. so I will have to take off of work. I am to be a pallbearer in the funeral. I know we are supposed to get a lot of rain tomorrow and into Friday morning but I hope it moves out of the area by the time of the burial.

I have just been a very pessimistic mood lately. I wonder if it is because of the run of bad luck.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt.