Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lots to do and lots got done.

Today we woke up late unlike Cynical and Ragged. We rolled out of bed around 9am. After brewing some Mudhouse Espresso coffee we decided on breakfast. Needles had scrambled eggs and I decided on a fried egg and cheese sandwich on toast. We then knocked off a couple of movies we had Tivoed from our free showtime and Starz weekend. First was Lucky Number Sleven, I wasn't sure about this movie at first but within a few minutes the banter like lines reminded me of The West Wing. The writing was very smart and witty. When you get into the meat of the story it has the feeling of another movie which I like, The Usual Suspects. The twists and turns in the end made the story. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it a strong 9. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. The second movie was an oldy but a goody, Oceans 12. We had seen it before but at the time we lost interests and missed most of the show. Today we were able to commit our full attention and watch. We actually enjoyed it very much and are looking forward to seeing Oceans 13. By this time it was getting to be close to 2:30pm and I hadn't done a thing. I decided to go out and mow the lawn while Needles made Barilla spaghetti with home made meatballs. Mmmmm. When I was done mowing, weedeatting and spraying weeds, I went in to eat and just after eatting I received a phone call from my Mother. After the talk it was time for the second yard of the day. I mowed and weedeat that lawn and returned home around 6pm just as the storms rolled in. After the storms Needles and I went out on the front porch and sat and listen to the rain as it was unusually quiet in the normally noisey neighborhood. After the rain stopped I retrieved my hedge clippers and started in the front bushes. After about an hour of clipping, the bushes were done and it was time to go in, collapse on the couch and eat again as the spaghetti from lunch was long gone. It is now time for showers and relaxing for the rest of the night. Tomorrow we are going down to Needles Moms for an early B-day party for me. It has been a good, productive day.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Busy, busy day, eh? Better be resting for all of the work we have planned for you. ; )