Wednesday, June 11, 2008

State of Emergency

I always wondered what it would feel like to have your county declared a State of Emergency. Well today was the day. I have to say that other than not having running water, it doesn't feel that different. As the days go on we will see how that changes. Today the main line that leads from the water wells broke. This on an average kinda day wouldn't be that great of an inconvenience, a couple hours or a day without water, but this is no ordinary day. The field the the wells set on are flooded and so is the area over where the break is, so they had to call in engineers to see what they can do. It looks like we might be without running water for several days to weeks. Grreeeeeaaaattt. It's not like we don't have options. My sis in law just dropped off a couple of gallons and we do have friends in neighboring county's that will let our scroungy arses in for a pity shower. The main problem is toilets. I can go outside and do my business but I wonder how Needles will cope. We might have just found a use for our yellow pales that is left over from the kitty litter.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, I've been without a potty before, and it is a nasty situation to be in.

Come on down here, we got plenty o' water for ya.

Rudy said...

I think ST F tied in there water system at Bport so we should have water but just at reduced pressure. Also they are fineing people who are wash cars, watering grass so forth and so on. I take water out a squeeze bottle at a time and water the lawn. My neighbors just think im pissin in the front yard, so dont bath outside for fear of a ticket.