Sunday, June 15, 2008

What Next?


Over the past few months I think we have had our share of weather and other natural disasters for this area. First of all the earthquake shook us up for several days followed but a weeks worth of storms including a tornado that fortunately didn't cause any damage, and now the flooding. The flooding has caused us to go without drinkable water for the last few days and who knows for how much longer. At least we do have water for bathing, washing clothes and using the restroom. Tonight we had another in the round of storms roll through. I think other than the fact we were without power for a couple of hours we got though it OK. At about 8:40pm I noticed a missed call on the cell phone. It was my brother calling to say that his dog pin was laying upside down in the horse pasture behind his house. We went out to survey the damage. Other than the dog pin everything else was alright. Also Waylen the dog is OK.


Today Needles and I ended our 5 year hiatus from the movie theaters. The last time we watched a movie in the theater was X-men 2 and we were in Kansas City. We have been to the drive inn several times over the years but not the theater. I have to say I don't think we have been missing much. We arrived early to get prime seats and went in the middle of the day to hopefully decrease the number of people that might be there. I think we had a little over 30 people in the movie we were watching. Lets see where to start. We sat through 20 minutes of advertising of T.V. and movie shows before the feature and the sound was so loud that I thought I was going to have to plug my ears at times. We gave it a shot but I don't think I am cut out for watching movies at the theater. For the price we pay for tickets I would rather pay a little more and enjoy the movie on DVD in my own home. The show we watched was The Happening. It is the new M. Night Shyamalan movie. We love all of his other movies, some more than others. It is amazing the suspense that can be created with the way the movie was shot. The music and camera moves made me jump a couple of times. We enjoyed this movie a lot but is was not as good as Signs, The Village but better than Unbreakable. I would have to say that it was a little better than Lady in the Water and right on par with Sixth Sense.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I'm still mulling over the movie. I think overall I liked it; but I just might need to see it again.