Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fast Weekend.

After a very trying Friday, Needles and I headed South to the promise land. We arrived down there around 7:20pm and was greeted by my parents and a feast. We ate and then reclined to the living room to catch up on things. Before long it was late and time to go to bed. We woke the next day to breakfast and then into town for some yard sales. I had my eye on items for our Halloween projects but came up empty. After we got home we went to Grandma's house for homemade pizza by my Aunt R. It was soooo good and of course I made a pig of myself. After that we got to visit with my Aunt R and her new puppy Izzy. Izzy is a Chihuahua and is very loving and affectionate. When we went back to Mom and Dad's we went on a ride on the property across the road from my parents. My Mom and Dad rode their golf cart and my Aunt R and Uncle A rode their golf cart. Needles and I rode Dad's new 4 wheeler. While we were riding the electric ice cream maker was churning away in the sink. When we arrived home after about an hour of riding the ice cream was ready. I again made a pig of myself and had 3 helpings. I could not tell you when the last time I had homemade ice cream. I thinking 15 years or more. Last night we stayed up until our eyes grew heavy and called it a night. This morning we ate breakfast and while Mom and Dad went to church, Needles and I took and ride back in the country side on the golf cart. I am still amazed at how well that thing is able to go in the woods. Around 1:30pm we decided it was time to go and made our goodbyes and headed North. We arrived home a little after 4pm and while the kitties were still locked up, cleaned house. I was so very much needed as it seems we haven't cleaned in awhile. It is now time for laundry, showers and getting ready for work tomorrow. Bleah!

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit and a great way to enjoy a summer weekend. Hope your family is well.

Rudy said...

Glad you had a good and safe trip.