Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm Back!


Two Days, roughly 800 miles and seeing a different part of the country. Yesterday I left work around 2pm. My boss and I loaded up and left on a trip to Columbia, Missouri. We arrived at St. Louis around 5pm and awaited our contact to arrive and take us on the rest of our journey. After a couple of missed turns we arrived around 7:30pm. We ate at the Flat Branch Pub and Brewery. I had the smothered Sirloin and my boss enjoyed a pasta salad. For dessert we split Tiger Stripe ice cream which is an original dessert of the pub. It was very good. After we finshed out late supper it was time head to the hotel. We stayed at The Stoney Creek Inn. It is a nice hotel mixed with Bass Pro. Very rustic but also modern. It was very neat and I would recommend staying there if you get a chance. I was kicking myself for not taking my camera. This morning a 7:30am we met in the lobby and went to the Galley for our continental breakfast, then it was on the road again to our final destination. We arrived at Brookfield, MO. around 10am and was given a tour of Pershing Memorial Hospital. It is a small hospital like ours but is undergoing a major renovation. I was neat to see and we learned alot about our upcoming project. Around noon it was time to grab a bite to eat and get back on the road for our trip home. We left around 1:15 pm and I arrived home at 7pm, tired and ready to get out of the vehicle. It was a neat trip but very whirlwind and not alot of time to sight see. I am home now and ready just to rest and do nothing. I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. Have a good holiday weekend everyone.
PS. The picture above is the room I stayed in. I got it off the interwebs. When you walk into the rooms they each have a cute stuffed animal on the bed with a sign to purchase them and take them home. Mine was a raccoon with a bandana around his neck. Very cute.

No comments: