Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm too old for this stuff.

Last night I went over to my friends house and we had a cookout. I arrived around 5:00pm and started in on my beer. About 6 beers later I had Needles who was still at home come out and bring me more beer. After I finished that I drank some of my friends beer and by the end of the night I was drunker than Cooter Brown. The one thing I had forgot about drinking like that is the morning after. I felt very rough this morning and while Needles woke up a couple of hours after me I wasn't in the mood for B'fast. I just layed on the couch and tried to wish the jack hammer in my head would go away. Around noon I started to feel better and get an appetite. Needles made chicken and Yukon potato blend and it was very good. I guess I am back to normal now but I think it will be awhile before I get my drink on again. CHEERS!

PS. For those of you still wondering about the lyric line. The name of the song is Come Dancing by The Kinks.

3 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

The one thing that keeps me from having more than a drink is the memory of the sloshing feeling in your belly the next day. . . ugh, I'm too old for it as well.

Jennifer said...

ugh. I always thought the spinning feeling was for for a minute, till it wouldn't stop and...well. urp. As the great sage Hank Williams Jr. once said "and the hangovers hurt more than they used to..."

Jennifer said...

edit: thats "was fun for a minute" not "for for a minute" sorry, I'm a little drunk typing this. (lol)