Monday, September 29, 2008

Great Weekend.

Friday after work I got home and finished packing a few items for the weekend. When Needles and Jenny from the Blog arrived we all packed up and headed South to the promise land. We made good time and arrived around 6pm. When we got there we got to visit for a bit and then ordered Pizza by the Guy. The pizza was amazing and after our stomachs were full ,we sat in the screen porch and chatted with each other until it was time to go in. We were all tired and Cynical called it a night and we followed shortly after. The next morning we woke up to enjoy coffee, fresh fruit and begals. After that we went to the Halloween shops to see what they had new this year. I scored a Morbid Industries T-shirt at the first store and Grimrot latex prop at the second. After my Halloween shopping we went to a Japanese restaurant called the Tokyo and we all enjoyed the beef and the yum yum sauce. I have to say that the food was very good but I still think I prefer the Shoguns rice. After I cleaned everything off my plate it was time to return home and await the guests of Cynical and Raggeds house warming party. Around 4pm Rudy, Brando, Yin, Yuri, Mom and Dad arrived and got a brief tour of the place. Rudy, Brando, Yin, Mom, Needles and I made another run to the Halloween stores and Big Lots and then returned in time for the party. In the next few minutes several people arrived and brought all sorts of amazing foods for the party. After we all gathered outside where there was a quick announcement, prayer and then we all descended on the food like a bunch of wild dogs. Not really. I quickly yet orderly got into the food line and filled my plate to maximum capacity and then went to my lawn chair to devour my gatherings. In short order I was back for round 2 and then 3. Before long I lapsing in and out of a food coma and my higher brain functions were shutting down so that my stomach could digest the food in my belly. In a few hours the limited cognitive abilities I had seemed to return and I got to visit with several guests and my family. We sat in the lawn chairs and visited with Raggeds family until late into the night. I think we finally turned in around midnight. It wasn't long until I was ready for bed. Sunday we had party left overs for breakfast and don't think that the term leftovers is derogatory because it isn't in the least. I had BBQ and for dessert 3 kinds of cake. Leftovers ROCK! After we made a run to the mall for Needles to get her ring checked and cleaned we returned home for more leftovers and in no time at all it was time to go home. We left around 2:30pm and made our way back North, sent with a togo of more leftovers and drinks for the road from Ragged. Needles drove with Jenny riding shotgun, while I napped in the back seat. When we were North of Mt. C I thought I would text Rudy and Brando and see where they were. It was just a few minutes later that I heard Needles say "Is that Brando's minivan?" Then there was a white streak blowing around us with Brando waving like a mad person in the passenger side window. Before long we were pulling into the driveway of our home. Our fuzzy housemates were affectionate in our return and within minutes I was collapsed on the couch. It was a great weekend spent with great people and I ate some great food. What else could you ask for. :)

PS. Guess what we had for supper tonight...........party leftovers. Oh and Cynical the last piece of HOLY COW cake is still in the fridge.

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Dibs on the holy cow cake!!!! If I knew you guys had leftovers....... I hope the vacuum we crated as we went by didnt suck the headlights out of your Charger.