Sunday, September 21, 2008

Preparations


Today I spent about 8 hours at a friends house helping him get ready for the upcoming party and holiday. Today we put up a archway and set out all the cemetery fencing. We also got a couple of loads of Halloween items out of storage to be put up later. At the end of the day I was wiped out and heading home where Needles had made soup beans and sour kraut. Yum. After I got my belly full I had to lay down for a brief but refreshing nap. We got a lot done today but there is still lots to do. I would say we are about 20% done and with 24 day left I think if we can have a few more productive days we might just get it all done in time.

This is a scarecrow that I worked on for "G". He is a beach ball with chicken wire for shaping, several layers of paper machete and cotton balls to give it facial features and then several layers of latex then painted. His body (not pictured) is grapevines with some black material for clothing. He stands about 8 foot tall.

3 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Given that his head is a beach ball, I'll make sure Cynical stays clear.

K_Dense73 said...

Eeeee!

Rudy said...

OH NO MY GLASSES!!!!