Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sickly Housemate.

This week (Monday) started with Copper getting sick alot and not eatting much. Tuesday was more of the same with Copper having diarrhea and green tinged vomit. Last night we came home to 3 puddles of green puke and Copper very lethargic and sickly. He was able to drink alittle and I did get him to drink some of the liquid out of a can of samon. This morning I had enough as I am sure he had also. I crated him up and off to the vet we went. I got a call around 1:30pm saying that his lab work showed him to be dehydrated and they were giving him fluids. They also wanted to do an X ray of his belly to check for obstruction. They asked if they could sedate him as he was "cranky". Does this sound familiar Ragged and Cynical? Anyway I haven't heard anything so he is staying the night at the vet. Tomorrow I hope to get an update. I hope to bring puky back home.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, no, poor Copper. Izzie is circulating a "get well" card for our favorite fluffy orange cat. Hope he's better soon.

FarmWife said...

Here's hoping Copper is up & going soon! It's no fun having sickies to worry about!