Monday, September 15, 2008

Home is where Copper is.

Today after work I stopped by the vet to pick up my little sickly one. I got there and stood waiting of the bill to be tallied. After about 5 minutes of them scratching their head I began to wonder and then the lady had to take the bill into the back office to look it over. This is when I began to worry. I was afraid I might have to take out a small loan to bring Copper home. They looked it over and did some adjusting as some of the charges had been added twice making the bill almost double what it was. I am glad they took the time to look it over and adjust it to something a little less jaw dropping. Copper is home on a special diet and has a follow up appointment on Monday. He seems to be doing well and walked into the house like he never was gone. Tugger however was a different story. Hissing and slinking away to his table was what he considered a welcome home. Today I have been a little sore. Yesterday after all the wind I thought I would go onto the roof and secure the antenna a little more since it seemed to be leaning just a little. I used my A frame ladder since the extension ladder was back at Mom and Dad's. I set the ladder and started up only to get on the 3rd or 4th rung and one of the legs sunk into the ground. This is when gravity kicked my arse to the ground. I got up with my ego bruised but non the worse for wear. Today I am a bit sore on the left side of my chest but I think I will live. Also yesterday we joined the ranks of the powerless. Our power blinked off and on a couple of times but at 12:30pm our power was gone and didn't come back for over 4 hours. If Ike was this windy here just imagine what it was like in Texas. Those poor people.

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Glad Copper is home, glad you are not hurt on the ladder and glad the wind didnt do more here than what it did. Though I would get away from the hurricane but it seems to have followed us.