Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Today I awoke at 6 am to the sound of a Christmas Miracle. It was the alarm the Needles had set to get up and put the Turducken into the oven. By a strange turn of events Needle's Mom thought she set her alarm only to sleep in until close to 7 am. When Needle's Mom "L" awoke with a start that it was to bright to be 6am, She rushed into the kitchen to find the Turducken already in the oven and cooking away nicely. I think I felt Needles crawl back into bed shortly before 7am and we snoozed away until close to 9am. We thought we would give Santa a little more time to deliver our gifts. In short we were tired and wanted to sleep in. When we got up officially we wandered into the kitchen from where the smells of goodness were emanating. In short order there was coffee brewing and baklava in hand for the morning snack. We decided to skip breakfast in order to prepare for the main feast. Before long there was mashed potatoes and green beans, homemade fudge, homemade rolls and squash pie. To drink we had Needles holiday shush drink which is prefect to go with turkey. When it was all said and done we were all bloated with food and drink and sat around the table discussing the important things in life. Also "L" got a nice Xmas surprise but I will let Needles elaborate. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and that they got enough to eat, I know I did.

The top picture is of a fogged up window with kitty paw stretching prints I found. I thought I would write and Holiday message with them.

The second picture is the turducken fresh from the oven.

The third is of the triple bird sliced to reveal the layers. Little did we know the duck and sausage dressing was more to the posterior of the bird. I was very good and the flavor of the duck had a slight liverish almost bratwurst taste. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Mmmmm turduckin goodness.