Wednesday, May 31, 2017

2 Week Followup Post PRK


Today was my 2 week followup for my PRK surgery. I checked in and was taken back to do the usual eye measuring exam then was taken to an exam room to look at an eye chart. I am not sure but I think my vision is at about 20/40. The tech put numbing drops in my eyes and then checked eye pressure. After a short wait the Dr. came in and asked how I was doing and then pulled over the slit lamp and looked at my eyes. He said everything is healing nicely and vision can improve for up to 3 months post surgery. I am pleased with my recovery although my vision seems to fluctuate day by day. Yesterday was blurry for most of the day and improved around 5 pm and was clearer the rest of the evening. Today has been more clear in the morning and gradually gets more blurry as the day goes on. Still a little bit of ghosting especially noticeable with text and working on the computer. Everyday there seems to be slight improvement but over the last week since I got the contact bandage out there has been the most improvement, I just keep telling myself to be patient and I am still healing. I am to continue with the Durasol drops twice a day until gone and I am clear to drive. We have a convention we are going to attend this weekend. I hope my vision continues to improve and we have a wonderful time. 

No comments: