Tuesday, May 23, 2017

PRK Progress Day 5 Post Surgery


Tuesday was day 5 post procedure and a follow up appointment. I checked in and waited to be called back to my appointment. When I was called back after a short wait, I was taken back for a eye measurement test and then taken to an exam room. The tech got everything set up and put a dye in my eyes to check the surface of the cornea. While waiting on the Dr. I was looking at the eye chart and was surprised I was able to see about 20/40. This excitement was short lived. When the Dr.came in he asked me how I was doing and pull the slit lamp up to my face. He grabbed some forceps and removed the contact bandage from my eyes and everything went blurry. Very blurry. Like before I even had surgery blurry. I was a little discouraged but from research I wasn't surprised. For the rest of the day my vision was very blurry and I could only see a couple of feet clearly. I continued with my drops and eye shields at night.

No comments: