Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cook Out

Today Needles and I traveled south to her Moms to have a cook out. We got the notice a little late but we arrived just in time for the food. We had pork burgers and southern style hot dogs with sides of baked beans, sweet potatoes and green beans. Also the Needles uncle grilled some baked potatoes. It was very good and of course I ate way too much. For dessert we had watermelon chilled to perfection. We stayed as long as we could until the weather threatened and we needed to get home so that I could mow the lawn. I just finished mowing about 15 minutes ago and it looks like within the next few minutes we will be getting some rain. I has been a nice weekend other than being a little hot today. Either the rain will cool it down or make it so sticky we can't stand it. We have been very lucky this year and usually by this time I am wondering about turning on the A/C but so far this year it has been mild to almost chilly at times. I think this year we will easily hold out until June 1st. This is when we usually turn on the A/C give or take a day or two. I am glad that we have a extra day this weekend. Hope that everyone is having a good long weekend.

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ragged Around the Edges said...

Good thing that comment was deleted. . .