Friday, May 23, 2008

McLuvin and McChubbin


I am not sure why but when any new or foreign shoes enters our home, it is like the cats loose their minds. They commence rubbing and sniffing and all the usual kitty euphoric activities. Needles purchased not one but two new pairs of shoes and when they were both delivered and opened the furry people were in heaven. That is until Needles put them away in the bed room so that they didn't overdose on huffing shoes. This morning Needles brought a pair of her new shoes into the living room while she got ready for work. After a few minutes we noticed one kitty rolling and rubbing the new shoes to death while the other kitty looked on awaiting his turn. It was like they were tag team shoe wrestling. When Needles was ready she had to shoo away the shoe seducers to put the shoes on and head out the door with the kitties longing for her return... Or more like her shoes return. When I got home I kicked my shoes off in front of the couch and noticed Tugger coming my way but after a quick sniff and head rub he was done with them. It was like he said "Been there, done that, lets move on." As I set here typing this post, in floor just in front of me I see McLuvin aka Tugger in full fledged head waller on the new brown shoes. Copper while setting in Needles lap is keeping and eye on him just in case he might get a chance. We might need an intervention. Do they have S.S.A.F.K? (Shoe Sniffing Anonymous for Kitties) Do they give a discount if we sign up two?

PS. I figured you could figure out who McChubbin was. No....not me. I think we need to call Dr. Scholls.

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

Where's McScrubbin?

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, no, I can't resist:

Doesn't McLovin' lead to McChubbin'.

I'm going to he!! for that one.