Friday, May 09, 2008

Day 6 & Day 7

Thursday I awoke to stomache cramps and just an overall nauseated feeling. I did manage to put away some of my breakfast but left most of it on my plate. I hoped at the day went on it would go away but no such luck. We left the B&B to walk around downtown and spent a couple of hour walking around until it started to spit rain. Since I was not feeling well and the rain we decided to go back to the Inn. For the most part I was in bed yesterday. Late in the evening I was able to eat a sandwich from Panera Bread. After spending 7 hours of the day in bed I went to bed early and slept probably the best sleep I had slept the whole time we were gone. This morning I woke up feeling better but still a little ache in by belly. I got a shower and it felt wonderful. Shortly after that it was time to go down for breakfast. We had omelet souffle with a raisin muffin and fresh fruit. Yum..I finished all but the muffin. After breakfast it was time to pack up and leave. We wedged, cramped and stuffed all of our stuff into the trunk and I was surprised it closed. We said goodbye to our host and away we went on our trip home. The first stop was to gas up but shortly after that we were on our way. After a couple of hours we arrived in St.Louis. We were getting a little hungry so we stopped off at Ruby Tuesday. After eating it was time for the main event for the ladies. The stop at THE LOOPY EWE yarn shop. This is for knitters and yarnaholics almost like seeing Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster or so I am told. We walked in and the ladies went wild screaming waving their hands in the air grabbing skein after skein of yarn off the shelf and yelling "I must have this!" Well maybe it didn't quite go like that but close. Let's just say that I was surprised that the ladies cut their visit at an hour, I was expecting more. After the ladies got checked out with their purchases we headed East in the direction of home. We rolled in the drive way around 4:30pm exhausted and glad to be home. I think we all had a good time and we couldn't have asked for better travelling companions. Vacation 2008 is in the books.....Now time to plan for 2009?

No comments: